Jun 3, 2008

The Chronicles of Narnia : Prince Caspian


Yeaahh, i'm sure all of you already watched The Chronicles of Narnia : Prince Caspian. Ok, I fell in love with its soundtrack ,which sang by Regina Spektor, The Call. I first heard this song, as most folks, after viewing the Prince Caspian movie. The first verse really caught my attention to the song. This would be a great graduation song.

It started out as a feeling
Which then grew into a hope
Which then turned into a quiet thought
Which then turned into a quiet word

And then that word grew louder and louder
'Til it was a battle cry
I'll come back
When you call me
No need to say goodbye

Just because everything's changing
Doesn't mean it's never been this way before
All you can do is try to know who your friends are
As you head off to the war

Pick a star on the dark horizon
And follow the light
You'll come back when it's over
No need to say goodbye

You'll come back when it's over
No need to say goodbye

Now we're back to the beginning
It's just a feeling and no one knows yet
But just because they can't feel it too
Doesn't mean that you have to forget

Let your memories grow stronger and stronger
'Til they're before your eyes
You'll come back
When they call you
No need to say goodbye

You'll come back
When they call you
No need to say goodbye

This is just my interpretation of the song. I think it went perfectly with the movie! I loved the movie and whenever I hear this song I get so sad because of the way the ending was. I would be very depressed if I had to leave Narnia. Again, this is just my interpretation of the song; the meanings can be taken an infinite amount of ways and even put into someone’s life. This is just the way I connected it to the movie. I hope it makes sense cause it does to me! :D

"It started out as a feeling
Which then grew into a hope
Which then turned into a quiet thought
Which then turned into a quiet word

And then that word grew louder and louder
'Til it was a battle cry
I'll come back
When you call me
No need to say goodbye"

I think that part is pretty much describing their hope and love of Narnia and how they wanted to go back but couldn’t until Aslan called them. And so this is when they were called and came back.

"Just because everything's changing
Doesn't mean it's never been this way before
All you can do is try to know who your friends are
As you head off to the war

Pick a star on the dark horizon
And follow the light
You'll come back when it's over
No need to say goodbye"

This is when they find out the situation Narnia was in, who was on who’s side, and finding out how to solve it. But then when they do solve it and Narnia is at peace again, they have to go back to England and live life until they get called back again.

-Or it could be when they have to leave Narnia. They have to go back to England and live out their lives as normal people, instead of being who they are, the Kings and Queens of Narnia. But Edmund and Lucy get to go back.

"Now we're back to the beginning
It's just a feeling and no one knows yet
But just because they can't feel it too
Doesn't mean that you have to forget

Let your memories grow stronger and stronger
'Til they're before your eyes
You'll come back
When they call you
No need to say goodbye"

So this is when they get there (England) and have to deal with the reality that no one will know what happened, who they really were, and what great place Narnia was. Maybe if Susan and Peter just imagine they are there, it won’t be as hard to adjust. But for Edmund and Lucy, it’s just a matter of time and they just have to keep remembering and they’ll be in Narnia again.

lyrics : www.songmeanings.net